Rutgers internships are educational experience which provide the opportunity to apply classroom learning to the work place, expand professional skills, test out career choices, earn money and/or academic credit.
The Rutgers-Camden e-Internship Course is by permission of Instructor(s) at the Rutgers-Camden Career Center. This course is open to matriculated students in the Rutgers-Camden College of Arts & Sciences and satellite campuses including Atlantic Cape Community College, Camden County Community College, Cumberland County Community College, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, Raritan Valley Community College and Western Monmouth Higher Education Center, whose internship placement is outside of a radius of 50 miles of the Rutgers-Camden campus.
The internship course is an educational and practical experience that gives students the opportunity to apply classroom learning to the workplace, expand professional skills and earn 3 academic credits. Internships can help students to choose a major, plan for graduate study and find a job by giving them firsthand experience in a particular field of interest.
STEPS TO GETTING STARTED
- It is the responsibility of the student to secure the internship. Assistance is provided by the staff of the Rutgers-Camden Career Center and Internship Instructors(s).
- Internships are posted on-line in the Career Center's RAPTORLINK Platform or in various Internship Directories available through the Career Center.
- Internships can be secured through other means. However, students cannot use their current job for internship credit or a position where they are directly supervised by a relative.
#2 Have Your Internship Approved.
- Internships must be approved for credit by the Internship Instructor(s).
- You and the Supervisor must complete the Approval Form and return it to the Career Center.
- Employer Requirements Form to be given to the supervisor.
#3 Register for the Course.
- Once approved, a special permission number will be granted by the Internship Instructor(s) which will allow you to register for this Course.
#4 Complete Required Units and Hours.
- In addition to the on-line units / assignments, students must complete a minimum of 120 hours at their internship during the fall, spring semesters and summer.
For additional information, please contact the Career Center – 856-225-6046