As a military installation, the Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst (JBMDL) faces special security concerns. As part of JBMDL’s commitment to provide a safe facility for all personnel and students utilizing the base, effective immediately, Rutgers University–Camden must provide personal information about students taking classes at the base and faculty teaching at the facility.
For the new security procedure, you must complete the specified documentation and steps outlined. Without submission of the new security clearance procedure, you will not be allowed to enter the Rutgers’ office at JBMDL or attend classes on the base.
Note: If you have a current base ID, you can avoid this new process by indicating this on the Release Form.
To receive security clearance and access to JBMDL, you must:
- Complete the Release Form online. This form gives Rutgers permission to submit confidential information about you to JBMDL as a part of the base security process. Rutgers will then submit that information to the security office at JBMDL via an Entry Authorization List on your behalf.
- Print out and complete the Request for Criminal History Record Information for a Noncriminal Purpose and submit it to the JBMDL Welcome Center. The security background check is usually completed within five days.
- Visit the JBMDL Welcome Center to receive a base ID card. You should do this within three to five business days after submitting the criminal background check paperwork. You will need your driver’s license (or state issued ID), vehicle registration information, and vehicle insurance confirmation. The Welcome Center will also do a fingerprint scan. This process usually takes around 30 minutes.
This security process is controlled by the JBMDL Command, and therefore may change at any time without Rutgers University–Camden’s knowledge or involvement.
Please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Christine Ulch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609.353.1371 with any questions regarding this process. I appreciate your assistance with this important security process.
- Step 1: Installation Entry Control Procedures Release Form
- Step 2: Request for Criminal History Record Information for a Noncriminal Purpose